Monday, April 13, 2009

Northampton Wangs and Gouda-dillas

I recently went on a work trip to Northampton, Massachusetts, and found in the little town this awesome place called The Dirty Truth. A little hip favorite for many locals, The Dirty Truth also had an impressive array of taps



and a killer menu. To reward ourselves for a busy weekend and to celebrate our long-weekend getaway together, my travel companion and I decided to treat ourselves to wings (below), a quesadilla, and some spinach dip. First, the wings:



Pretty standard, but piping hot and juicy. I don't think the sauce was extraordinary or anything, but they get extra points for offering carrots AND celery, and extra chunky bleu cheese.

I wish I had a picture of the quesadillas, because they were definitely a plate that has me wanting to change everything I think about melted cheese and tortillas. First, they were made with braised short rib. Then, they included white beans and sweet potatoes. (I realize that this is probably getting a little artsy for you.) And finally, the melted cheese was a nice, sharp, creamy GOUDA.

GOUDA. just wrap your wing-loving brain around that for a second. GOUDA QUESADILLA. HEAVEN QUESADILLA.

If I were a native of the town, I'm sure I'd eventually become a regular at The Dirty Truth, if only to sample their entire menu. Wings: 7; Gouda-dillas, 9.5.

1 comment: