Friday, March 13, 2009

Bill Bateman's Bistro


Inspired by the new blog and further encouraged by my dieting wife’s absence, I stopped at Bill Bateman’s Bistro in Towson for some carry-out wings last night. Bateman’s will occasionally show up on best of Baltimore lists for their wings—plus it’s a short drive from my house.

I chose the barbeque flavor and only waited about 10 minutes for my order. When I got home, I was pleasantly surprised that they were all drumstick type wings. I hadn’t even taken a bite and was already being smiled upon by the Wing Gods (Hermes and Iris).

On scales of both meatiness and flavor I give them an eight. This is my fourth trip to Bateman’s and this is the best result I’ve gotten, but they’ve never been below a seven for flavor or a five for meatiness.

One point about the venue. Bill Bateman’s is a sport-oriented establishment. Wall-to-wall TVs tuned to ESPN through ESPN8 (“The Ocho”). I happen to enjoy college and professional sports, but this place would definitely turn off someone who is not so inclined.

My dog was mad he didn’t get any.

3 comments:

  1. wow! all drumsticks! thats the sign of a GREAT wing place

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you serious? the drumstick is totally the way lesser half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phu, I guess that makes you the prefect wing eating companion.

    ReplyDelete